I love reading books of all types. John Maxwell has written many books on leadership. I have probably read most of his books. I love how he encourages leaders to value people. Here are some of my outtakes from John Maxwell’s book Good Leaders Ask Great Questions.
Questions a Good Leader Ask from His Team
- What do you think?
- How can I serve you?
- What do I need to communicate?
- Did we exceed expectations?
- What did you learn?
- Did we add value?
- How do we maximize this experience?
- What do I need to know?
- How do we make the most of this opportunity?
- How are the numbers?
- What am I missing?
Create an environment that values questions.
- Value each team member
- Value questions more than answers
- Value the potential of your team
- Value the improvement of a good idea